DOCTORATE OF BUSINESS
ADMINISTRATION (DBA Online)
Program Description – Doctorate of Business Administration (DBA Online)
The Doctorate of Business Administration (DBA Online) at Brentwood University is the highest academic degree which is designed for students who wish to pursue a professional career. The DBA Online is focused on both theory and applied research and will help the student to acquire leadership skills as an executive, consultant, or entrepreneur. At Brentwood University, we highlight international knowledge and experience. The DBA Online program is designed for professionals with current employment position or business owners.
All programs are subject to change by the Institution Academic Authorities at any time. Students who may be concerned by any change will be informed.
Students who successfully complete the Doctorate of Business Administration (DBA Online) will acquire the following competencies:
- Conduct research with the aim of applying the findings to the real world of Business in all industries and countries
- Visionary skills and projection in the future in a changing economic and business environment
- Making decision in the real business world and more specifically, in the new international global Business World
- Conduct marketing research and answer to the new market in an ever-changing environment
- Develop and maintain a high level of team work and improve social and economic environment for human resources.
To be awarded the Doctorate of Business Administration degree, all students must complete 60 core program credits with a 3.0 minimum cumulative grade point average. The core instruction is delivered in eight 6-credit hour courses, each lasting 8 weeks. addition to 48 core credits, the student should complete the Grand Comprehensive Exam (GCE) and submit a final thesis for 12 Credit hours A student who chooses to complete only the core credits, should expect to take 16 months to complete the DBA degree course requirements, provided an uninterrupted and normal progression through the program.
In addition to 48 core credits, the student should submit a final thesis for 12 Credit hours.
Doctorate of Business Administration Courses
Student is required to complete 8 out of 11 following courses for the completion of Doctorate of Business Administration (DBA Online) and the awarding of the Doctorate of Business Administration degree. Student can request the desired courses however; the Institution of Academic Authorities will open courses upon availability and will assign open courses to students.
- BU 151201 Research Methodology (6 Credits)
- BU 151202 Managerial Accounting and Financial Management (6 Credits)
- BU 151203 Entrepreneurship and Leadership (6 Credits)
- BU 151204 Human resources Management (6 Credits)
- BU 151205 Business Intelligence (6 Credits)
- BU 151206 Essentials of Project Management (6 Credits)
- BU 151207 Strategic Marketing (6 Credits)
- BU 151208 Leadership in International Multicultural Organization (6 Credits)
- BU 151101 Organization and Leadership (6 Credits)
- BU 151102 Innovation and Technology Leadership (6 Credits)
- BU 151106 Business Strategy (6 Credits)
- Dissertation (12 Credits)
Click here to view the list of courses with complete descriptions.
Required Learning Materials
Each course will have a designated textbook that students are responsible to obtain on their own. The Learning Management System (LMS) supports the use of additional learning materials, including multimedia lecture presentations, discussion forums, and e-Library reading materials collection. Course materials are at the discretion of individual faculty members but undergo review and approval by the University academic authorities prior to being used in a live course.
Currently, students at Brentwood University are not required to complete any practical internships or externships. As our university is catering to a majority of adult learners, they will already be engaged in employment in business or other fields. Brentwood University does not offer university credits for life or work experiences.
Graduate Employment Opportunities
Graduates of the Brentwood University programs can obtain employment in the marketplace with any employer who is willing to hire them. Statistics show that students who obtain their Doctorate of Business Administration can expect significantly higher lifetime earnings as compared to those with a bachelor or professional degrees only. Brentwood University does not offer job placement for graduating students, nor can it guarantee gainful employment to its graduates. Brentwood University can assist students with identifying reputable employment liaisons (agencies and headhunters) and can provide reference materials to help students with preparing their resumes or improving their interviewing skills.
Graduation Policy – Doctorate of Business Administration (DBA Online)
To receive a Doctorate of Business Administration degree, a student must satisfy requirements related to semester credits, grade point average, program of study, and courses. To obtain the Doctorate of Business Administration degree, a student must complete the following:
- Earn a minimum of 60 semester credits by taking the core DBA courses and complete the required dissertation.
- Earn a minimum course grade of 2.0 (on a 4.0 system) for each course in the program.
The conferral date is the date on which the student’s degree is officially conferred. Upon completion of all required courses, submission of the graduation application, and resolving of any outstanding financial obligations, students who have met all academic and administrative requirements, will receive two official transcripts and their diploma.
For more information please contact: [email protected]